If you have a hobby or own a business that uses metal scraps that need to be put together to form something, you must already know how difficult it is to cut through metal. Using regular tools for this cutting process can be extremely time-consuming and not to mention stressful.
Whether you are home-based or work for a big industrial company, you need to have the right tool to do the job efficiently and quickly. One such tool is a plasma cutter. It is a serious tool and needs to be handled with care as it can cause a lot of damage.
Plasma cutters use hot plasma shooting out of the front to cut through various electrically conductive materials such as stainless steel, copper, and brass, and the cost of the machine can be quite high.
One of the best plasma cutters that you can get is the Lotos LTPDC2000D Plasma Cutter which combines neat features with good value for money. It’s one of the tools we recommend in our plasma cutters guide.
Remember how we mentioned that this machine represents great value for money? Well, one of the reasons for that is that it’s actually 3 tools in 1.
It not only serves as a plasma cutter but will also act as a TIG and stick welder. This means that no matter what material you cut with it, you can easily weld it back together as well. This will save you the cost of buying a separate product.
Non-Touch Pilot ARC
Cutting metal is difficult. Not only do you have to be careful about keeping yourself safe, but it can also be messy and damaging to the surface of the cutter and the material as you have to bring the two surfaces into contact with each other.
However, with this product, that is not the case. It comes with state-of-the-art technology of non-touch pilot ARC, which makes sure that the tip of the cutter and metal do not come in contact with each other, ensuring smoother cuts and a better finishing.
The lag produced by the machine is next to none, no matter what type of surface you are using, be it rough or rusty. Another advantage of these features is that it increases the lifespan of the machine as well.
- The product can give about a ½-inch clean cut. You will notice the smoothness and finesse in the cut once the work has been done. This is hard to achieve if you are using most other cutters.
- It has a maximum severance thickness of ¾ inches.
- The DC TIG output will work at a current of 10-200A at a voltage of 220V and a 10-150A current at a voltage of 110V.
- The stick DC output operates at a current of 10 to 200A at a voltage of 220V and 10 to 150A at a voltage of 110V.
- There is a particular voltage that you can use the machine on, but in case you do not have that available, it’s okay as it can work on a dual voltage. The two voltages and frequencies are 110/220V and 50/60Hz.
Performance and Recommendation
The 3 in 1 combo, reasonable price, and all round quality make this a winning product.
It’s pretty heavy duty, but that’s probably a good thing in the long-term. You should definitely consider buying this and adding it to your toolkit.