Why Do I Need A New Office Reclining Chair?
Many people who buy reclining office chairs are often people who know they will be sitting for long periods of time.
With the example given earlier, it shows how easy it is to forget about your well-being when you have other priorities.
If you have to sit in your office chair for hours on in you will eventually notice how the seat cushion will wear down or flatten after some time, but if you are like most you will ignore this.
However, losing the support under your bottom and for your back will cause short-term and long-term health problems such as chronic back pain from muscle sprains and muscle strains.
Along with the back pains, you can obtain pain in your hips, legs, and groin area if you are not sitting correctly.
Experiencing these pains can cause further damage to your body and you may end up out of work and in the hospital.
What Can A Reclining Office Chair Do For Me?
As mentioned earlier, chairs without the proper support can give you chronic back pain from possible muscle strains and muscle sprains.
Reclining office chairs are built to help improve the posture of those that sit in it and help the body relax so that you can get more work done.
Using reclining office chairs keeps employees motivated, rejuvenated, happy, and healthy.
I've Never Gone Chair Shopping. Where Do I Start?
From adjustability to that feng shui feel in their environment, most office chairs will offer you the same tagline: "Pick us! Our seat is adjustable and comes in various colors!" That is a great tagline, but it is not one that tells you if their reclining office chair is for you.
Your height and weight are two factors to have in mind at all times. Are your shoulders meeting the upper part of the seat's back or are you a little taller or shorter than the top?
Lucky for most of us, many of these chairs have adjustable backs that can suit our needs. Having the wrong back support can lead to being uncomfortable and you may begin to start attempting to fit your back into the chair without realizing it- which can do more damage to you and take away the perks of having the chair in the first place.
What To Look For In A Chair
Aside from height and weight, there is something that not many people remember to consider. Quality.
The quality of a reclining office chair can be forgotten if there is a salesperson attempting to sell you a specific chair or does not know very much about the chairs being sold.
To put this delicately, the quality of a chair is as important as to how it is shaped to fit your body.
Looking for quality consists of multiple subjects; comfort level, how far back the chair will recline (this depends on how you will being using it- overnight work would mean you may want to take a nap).
Is the swivel and rolling efficient and how long will they last? Does it come with a footrest and will it put the seated person to sleep? Though that last question seems silly, there are many people who may fall asleep at work with a chair that can lay down and we do not want that.
A potential buyer may want to check out how far the chair tilts. The tilt is not the same as reclining as it tilts the entire chair back instead of pushing the back part of the chair back.
Best Reclining Office Chair Reviews 2018
Deluxe Professional Leather Tall and Big Ergonomic Office High Back Chair
Deluxe Professional- Catering more toward the big and tall crowd, the Deluxe Professional is part of the ergonomic group of reclining office chairs. We rate it at a solid 9 out of 10!
- Big and Tall: Not many brands offer a big and tall option with their chairs but having one is a plus as we are a growing species.
- Tilt Tension: You are able to adjust the tilt up to twenty degrees to relax
- Comfort: From the armrests to the seat, the chair is padded for those long hours at the office
- Support: The back does not give much support. Using this chair you are still liking to resist sitting back or sitting on the edge of the seat while at your desk.
- Seat Adjustment: After a few months (close to a year) the seat adjustment weakens and you will find yourself closer to the floor as it slowly descends.
The Executive- Similar to the Deluxe Professional in design, this High Back Executive gives a modern shine to the room it accompanies. We give it a rating of 9 out of 10!
- Height Adjustment: The seat's height is able to be modified with a lever located at the bottom of the seat. This would allow taller people and others below average height to be able to use the chair.
- Swivel: With a swivel of 360 degrees, this reclining office chair is able to keep you comfortable while you spin from one direction to another!
- Rolling Casters: The smooth rolling casters would allow the seated person to roll without much friction.
- Weight Limit: though the High Back Executive is similar to the Deluxe Professional it is not as strong only able to hold up to 250 pounds [maximum].
- Originality: The design is very similar to a lot of other chairs that are going for the same crowd. This concept/design does not stand out that much.
Serta Executive Office Chair, Microfiber, Light Beige
Serta Executive- Serta stands for comfort! Using plush cushioning, Serta was able to establish a basic grasp of what comfort is to their customers. We give it a 9.5 out of 10!
- Color: Instead of coming in a generic black or brown, this executive reclining office chair comes in a luscious beige or gray color!
- Comfort: Using plush to create their comfort, Serta aces it. If you know how to take care of this material, you will not have a problem enjoying the feel of this.
- Seat Edge: With a waterfall tactic, this takes pressure off of the legs and allows you to sit longer and get more work done before you are ready to stand again.
- Plush: Though plush is comforting, it is not easy to take care of and the colors the chair comes in all spills will be noticeable.
HomCom High Back PU Leather Executive Reclining Office Chair
HomCom High Back Leather Executive- This modern, brown, leather executive chair will bring you to melt like butter after a strenuous day that has not yet ended.
Specializing in comfort, HomCom has developed an executive chair to bring your office to life- whether it be at home or away. We give this one a 9 out of 10!
- Leather: Having leather involves the least maintenance compared to fabrics and will last much longer.
- Padded: With its padded upholstery, this high back reclining office chair will bring a natural relaxation to your body.
- Recline: This chair goes back [maximum] 180 degrees and has a footrest that retracts when it is not in use.
- Footrest: The footrest on this office chair does not come out as far as the Merax Lunch Break which would be great for most heights.
- Leather: Although leather lasts long than fabrics it is leather and some stains may damage the material or when cleaning it, it can turn color if you are not careful.
Merax Ergonomic Series Lunch Break Office Reclining Mesh Chair
Merax Ergonomic: Lunch Break- From reclining office chairs to gaming chairs, Merax Ergonomic series has a great selection of comfortable desk chairs.
The Merax Ergonomic Lunch Break has brought attention to hundreds of consumers that are looking to get comfortable. Lunch Break receives a 9.5 out of 10 from us!
- Adjustable Armrests: There are three (3) different options for you to choose from comfortably.
- Adjustable Headrest: What better way to relax than to lean your head back into your chair and not pick it up with a sharp pain flying from the spine's top to bottom?
- Lumbar Support: The lumbar refers to the lower back and quite often it is the lumbar many people strain or hurt while sitting in their office chairs.
- SU Design: This design is used to help the seated person get into the habit of sitting up straight. This tactic in many chairs also allows the rest of the person's body to fall into place the correct way.
- Footrest: Not all reclining office chairs have footrests, to see this coming to more chairs for the office is a huge plus for those that need to work with their feet up.
- Lack of Comfort: Though the Lunch Break recliner office chair is nice to look at, it is not for those that sit long hours at work or at a home office.
- Limited Footrest: The footrest will only go so far which makes this unsuitable for the taller person. Also, the gap between the footrest and the edge of the seat can be damaging to the knees if you are not careful.
- The chairs listed above are just a small portion of a large variety of reclining office chairs. More often than not you will be sitting in these chairs for many years so be sure to find one that brings you comfort, support, and overall meets all of your needs.